This week’s news update will just be top headlines for those competing in the BOUCAC competition!
Petrol prices hit record high, says the RAC.
- Average petrol prices are 142.94p a litre, surpassing the previous record in 2012
Energy Prices put ‘enormous pressure’ on business
- Business leaders call for an energy price cap for firms already struggling with Brexit and Covid
Second-hand car prices surge amid new car shortage
- Some used car models are growing in value despite getting older
China’s GDP growth is slowing down
- It still grew by 4.9% however in Q3
- Slowdown due to cooldown in property market and ongoing energy shortages
Bank of England dropped more hints about an earlier-than-expected rate rise and speculation of a rate rise in the November meeting continued to gain traction
City deal making boom has hit a post-financial crisis high with data from Dealogic showing that London’s investment banks have made revenues of over £4.1bn so far this year from advising on flotations, M&A and capital raisings
Trump announced plans to launch a Media technology business that is set to go public after it merged with a SPAC on Thursday
- Plugging a £750m hole deal would have generated leaves supermarket chain in a weaker position in a tough economy
PayPal in talks with Pinterest on takeover worth $45bn
- Approach comes an online payments company uses strong stock price to pursue acquisitions
Trump to launch social media platform to compete with Twitter and Facebook
- Former US president to go public with Truth Social via merger with blank-cheque company
I hope some of these news stories will help you with the MCQ round today!
Emily – Commercial Awareness Officer