The ground floor of the Learning Resource Centre provides 4 bookable tables for the use of staff, the Students’ Union and Students’ Union authorised clubs and societies, to set up stalls, sale activities or advertising.
Tables must be booked at least 7 days in advance and up to 3 months in advance.
To book these tables, you will need to use either your society or staff email account through Outlook to send a meeting request. Enter the date you’d like to book the table for, then select Room Finder and all the tables are listed underneath ‘LRC Activity Tables’. This support guide shows you how to do so.
Requests are automatically processed and you will receive a response either accepting or declining your request. If it is not clear which club, society or department made the booking, it may be cancelled.
Terms of Booking
- Key University of Surrey bookings will take priority.
- Advertising of bookings is permitted only once a confirmation has been received and acknowledged.
- Due to the limited number of tables, only one table is permitted per event.
- The table you select in the booking is the one you are allocated for use.
- Tables cannot be moved and must remain in their allocated positions.
- Tables must be left clean and tidy after use.
- No music or sound systems are permitted in these spaces.
- No cooking is permitted in these spaces.
- No items are to be attached to the walls.
- Block booking and/or non-attendance may prevent future use.
- Fire exits and routes to fire exits must be kept clear at all times.
- No hot food or cold food requiring refrigeration can be sold. If in doubt, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.