What is RAG?
Raising and Giving (RAG) is part of the University of Surrey Students' Union. Our aim is to fundraise for a variety of charities, locally and globally as well as engaging widely with the community here at Guildford.
We run various RAG events throughout each academic year for students to get involved in - including bake sales, adventurous activities, Movember, Sleep Easy and RAG Raid. We provide a verity of ways for students at Surrey to get involved in fundraising.
All fundraising is completely student-led, this means that the RAG Chair, and RAG Representatives, and students choose exactly which events they want to run. Supported by the other elected officers, RAG aims to raise as much money as possible and have fun while doing so.
All money raised from our events and challenges goes towards our chosen charities for the academic year.
There are a number of ways to get involved in RAG. From being a RAG Rep to volunteering at one of our events. There's something for everyone!
Your 2020/21 RAG Chair
My name is Adesuwa, I’m a final year Business Management MBus student and I’m
your RAG Chair for the academic year 2020/21.
year, I want to increase the awareness of RAG by introducing RAG
Representatives & RAG spotlight which will highlight clubs and societies
who raised most amount of money each month. There
will be loads of different opportunities throughout the year to meet other
clubs & societies so that we can create a sense of community for Raising
and Giving within Guildford.
you have any questions, feel free to contact me on firstname.lastname@example.org
can’t wait to meet all of you.
RAG Adopt a Charity Scheme
Adopt a Charity is a way in which you can fundraise as a club or society, raising money for a charity. The process is easy:
1. Choose your charity and fill out the RAG Adopt a Charity Scheme form – you are able to request it from the RAG chair.
2. Email the completed form to the RAG Chair.
3. Plan and run fundraising events throughout the year.
4. Promote your event(s).
5. Put any cash donated in the Student Unions' Reception and fill out the RAG Charity Donation Form detailing how much you would like to donate.
RAG Charity Selection Application
Each year, we hold a RAG Charity Selection Application, the process is easy and is as follows:
1. Charity submits their RAG application by set date.
2. The applications are then narrowed down to 5 charities by the Unions' elected officers.
3. The top 5 charities are taken to the student body to vote.
4. Every year, one charity will be elected for a 1-year partnership and one for a 2-year partnership, on alterative years, the 2-year partnership will be re-voted.
5. The charity with the most votes will be selected for the 2-year partnership, and the charity with the second most votes will be selected for the 1-year partnership.
The applications for this year's RAG Charities open Friday 28th August 2020.
The completed application form should be sent to email@example.com by Wednesday 30th September 2020 at 17:00.
If you want to hear more about RAG at Surrey follow us on our social media accounts: