We are delighted to be in the top 50 Sunday Times Best Not for Profit companies to work for and a 2 Star Best Company for 2019
Working for the Students' Union is a rewarding and career-enhancing experience. We offer roles in retail, administration & bar work, with full training and hours that work around your studies. There are also opportunities in some areas for progression - including supervisory and management roles which you can work towards during your time with us. Many of the students who come to work for us find the experience they gain from working for the Union sets them up for future employment, helping them to develop a range of skills and qualities desirable to employers.
Part Time Roles
These roles are for current University of Surrey students only.
Team Members - Rubix (next recruitment Spring 2019)
The Students' Union holds two part-time staff recruitment events - one in the Autumn and one in the Spring semester. Dates for the next recruitment event will be announced shortly.
To be considered for a role please click on the following link to start your application:
Our recruitment events take the form of group assessments followed by a short one to one interview. Competition is very high for the number of part-time vacancies we have available, so the selection process involves scoring candidates in the assessment and interviews.
Our supervisors carry out the roles of assessor and interviewer. Those candidates with the highest scores will be offered part-time jobs. New members of staff will be given induction and on-the-job training. They will also be given the opportunity to undertake BIIAB accredited training courses which, if successfully passed, will give them a nationally recognised qualification.
Tips for candidates attending Rubix recruitment events:
- You don't need to bring your CV or anything with you to the recruitment events.
- You will be put into a group and asked to undertake a group assessment exercise
- The group exercises are fun but remember we are looking at your skills as a team player; how you communicate; listening skills and your attitude. It's important you contribute as much as you can in order to show your skills to the assessor.
- During the one to one interviews think of how you will get across information about yourself.
What previous work experience have you had? Have you been a volunteer?
- What skills can you bring as a member of our part time staff team?
- Don't worry if you haven't worked before as experience is not an essential requirement to work for the Students' Union.
- Try to relax and be yourself.
Full Time Roles
Our full time roles will be advertised here when available - https://www.charityjob.co.uk
Unitemps is our on-campus recruitment agency with a wide variety of roles in the local area
To view their opportunities please go - https://www.unitemps.com/Surrey-homepage
Applying for a National Insurance Number
Tax Information https://www.gov.uk/income-tax
For More Information...
If you have any enquiries about working for the Students' Union contact Caroline Royle,
Human Resources & Staff Development Manager at email@example.com or you can ring on 01483 689980