Back to Home
Please remember to use surrey\ before your username!

Upper Border 1.png

University Support Services

Translate this page

Please note, we cannot guarantee accuracy of translations

Chinese | Hindi | Milay | More options

Centre of Wellbeing

If you find yourself feeling overwhelmed and unable to cope at any point, you can make an appointment to see a wellbeing adviser or counsellor at the Centre for Wellbeing, located on the east side of the Stag Hill campus, next to the Duke of Kent building.

The Centre is open Monday to Friday, 8am to 5pm, excluding bank holidays and University closure days. Contact the Centre on +44 (0)1483 689498 or drop in during opening hours.

To book an appointment, please fill in this form and send it to

Disability and Neurodiversity 

The Disability and Neurodiversity team provides support to all students at the University of Surrey with a disability as defined by The Equality Act (2010). This includes: Autistic spectrum conditions, Long-term medical conditions, Mental health conditions, Physical disabilities (see our access guides), Sensory impairments and Specific learning differences (e.g. dyslexia, dyspraxia). For more information, please click here

 They also run a weekly mental health support group. If you are interested, please email Siobhan on 


MySurrey Hive, located next to the Lecture Theatre block within the Phillip Marchant Building, replaces Student Services and is now a central point for all queries related to your student life including finance, accommodation, careers and employability, transport and visa enquiries.

The space has been designed specifically for students. Open seating areas and pods provide options for informal study and meeting with University staff or mentors and a kitchenette means you can catch up with friends and have additional space on campus to relax.

MySurrey Hive is open between 8:30am - 11:30pm, 7 days a week, but is only staffed weekdays from 9-5.

The Hive can also provide more specialised student support including: 

Money Support and Hardship Fund: Email

International Student Support and Visa Support: Email

Carers, Care Leavers and Estranged Student Support: Email Jav Masood, 

Accommodation support (inc USL):

Emploability and Careers:



Chaplaincy offers the provision of worship and spiritual practices one-to-one pastoral care and he promotion dialogue and peaceful co-existence between people of different faith and belief. The Chaplaincy offers advocacy if you are being discriminated against on the grounds of you faith or belief. 

You can find a list of the places for worship here 


Personal Tutors

You will be allocated a personal tutor at the start of your first week at the University, and will normally keep this personal tutor throughout your university career.

Your personal tutor should be listed on your Surrey Self-Serve page under course details. If you are an international student, it is part of your visa conditions to regularly meet with your tutor so make sure you are in contact with them throughout your degree.

Wardens (24/7)

Each court of residence has a warden team who are responsible for residents' welfare and for disciplinary matters within University Accommodation. Wardens have a day-job within the University but outside of that, they live amongst you in the courts and are available to support you at any time during your stay on campus. Wardens remain available to speak to students during the Covid-19 outbreak, but are opperating an online service.

Peer Supporters (University run peer support)

Student Life Mentoring provides a proactive peer support service for all first year students at the University of Surrey no matter where you are living. Mentors are not Wardens and have no disciplinary power, they are there to answer any questions you may have about student life and to provide you with helpful information.

You can find out more about your mentor by visiting the website, click here.  You should have contact details for your mentor in your campus kitchen but if you are unsure or live off campus, email  

Visit Us

Union House
University of Surrey
Stag Hill, Guildford

Contact Us
01483 689 223

The University of Surrey Students’ Union is a private limited company, registered in England & Wales with registered number 07470232, registered at Union House, Guildford, GU2 7XH. The Union is also a registered charity, registered with charity number 1142479

Copyright University of Surrey Student's Union 2018