Academic Advice​

The Students' Union provides free, independent and impartial advice and support on all student facing regulations. 

Before you make an appointment with one of our team,  you will need to read through the guidance on the page relevant to the advice you need as this will help you to make the most of your appointment.

How can we help you?

We can:

Explain the process you are going through and help you to navigate the University's regulations.

Read draft statements.

Read evidence you intend to submit to support your case.

Accompany you to meetings.


We cannot:

Make your case for you.

Contact external parties on your behalf (such as doctors or employers).

Speak on your behalf in a panel or meeting.


Please select the process you would like advice on from the list below or via the tabs under 'Advice' at the top of the page.

I want to make an Academic Appeal

I have to attend an Academic Integrity Interview

I have to attend an Academic Misconduct Panel

I want to appeal a fine or penalty from a warden or other authorised person

I want to make a Complaint against the University

I have to attend a Disciplinary Panel

I want to apply for Extenuating Circumstances

I have to attend a Fitness to Practise meeting

I have to attend a Fitness to Study meetings

I have been given a Managed Exclusion Order

Visit Us

Union House
University of Surrey
Stag Hill, Guildford

Contact Us
01483 689 223

The University of Surrey Students’ Union is a private limited company, registered in England & Wales with registered number 07470232, registered at Union House, Guildford, GU2 7XH. The Union is also a registered charity, registered with charity number 1142479

Copyright University of Surrey Student's Union 2018